Social media is changing the game for marketing and many businesses don’t have a clue about how it works. In this article I will share all the strategies I have used to get real instagram followers.
Not long ago, businesses would focus their marketing within a 20 mile radius of their location. Now with everything moving digital, we can sell and market our products to billions of people around the world who have internet
Instagram was founded in October of 2010 and now has over 700 million monthly active users, 400 million daily active users. Facebook is the king, founded in 2004, Facebook reports to have 2 billion active users.
I combined the advice of Top Instagram Influencers with some of my own personal tips on how to get more followers on Instagram.
This article will help by giving you 21 ideas for increasing your followers and getting them to interact with your posts.
1. First come up with a unique name and concept.
If you plan on just posting pictures of nice cars or food, you will be competing against a lot of pages doing the same thing. Find a way to be unique. I use an online app called Canva to create pictures for Wealthy Tools. I can add text and my logo as a water mark.
2. Make sure your bio is complete. Include relevant keywords and hashtags, and a link back to your site. Above all, don’t be spammy; this is a guarantee that no one who reads your profile will follow you!
3. Use the power of Hashtags.
When you post your picture ,use hashtags that are specific to your picture and brand. I recommend using 25-30 hashtags , put them in a comment not in the caption that way your posts are more pleasant to view.
Visitors use hashtags to search instagram
4. Do Shout-outs for Shout-outs : Arrange co-promotions with other users. Collaborate with other Instagram accounts in a similar niche with a similar sized following. Send them a DM saying that you will dedicate a post to them if they do the same to build each other’s audience. In the Instagram world we call this shout for shout. This way you can help grow each other’s pages by exposing your page to their audience.
5. Promote your Instagram account on other social media like Twitter , Facebook and even Snapchat. Tell people what they can expect once they’re following you (e.g., behind-the-scenes photos, sneak peeks, coupons, etc.) . Drive traffic.
6. Run contests and giveaways. Contests are a great way to build your instagram audience. Post an image promoting the contest and then ask people to like it in order to enter. Actually, they’re a great way to achieve any goal on instagram, because you can use any call to action.
7. You can add one website url to your profile, so you can direct your followers there to convert your followers to buyers of your product.
8. Use geotagging, especially if you’re a local business. When you geotag your photos, others who post photos in your region will see your images on the location’s page. This is a great way to catch the attention of local users.
10. Use calls to action in your photo captions or ask questions in the captions of your photos. Get your followers engaged by asking them to take further action (e.g., “Let me know what you think in the comments” , “Double tap if you like the picture”).
11. Like hundreds of random pictures from people in your target audience. Neil Patel has used this strategy and found that for every 100 likes he did of random pictures, he received 6.1 more followers.
12. Remember that quality beats quantity. Edit your account to leave only the best images. No one wants to follow someone with thousands of pointless images of food or other random shots.
13. Really engage. All the tips, tricks and strategies in the world can’t compete with really engaging on the platform. Be intentional about liking photos, and leaving thoughtful comments. Regularly find new people to follow, and engage with them by responding to comments and questions.
14. Like and comment on other users’ photos. This is the most natural way to gain new followers.
15. Search for and follow people who are using popular hashtags like #followme and #likeforlike. Many will follow you back!
16. Post photos of things that are blue. Some research suggests these get 24% more likes than photos that are orange or red.
17. Use faces in your photos. Research found that images with faces received 38% more likes and 32% more comments than those without.
18. The lighter the better. Photos that have 75% light get 24% more likes than those that are less than 40% light.
19. Create a branded hashtag related to your account. Come up with a hashtag and encourage your followers to use it. This encourages your fans to engage with your brand, and increases your visibility at the same time
20. Use the word ‘like’ in your captions. Some research suggests these get 89% more likes.
21. Use the word ‘comment’ in your captions. Some research suggests these get significantly more comments than those without.
The key here is to be different. Tell a story. Use your image captions to tell an engaging story. Storytelling helps create an emotional connection to your brand or product, and including a captivating story is much more likely to get your image shared.
Like this article, Don’t forget to share!
Here are hand-picked articles you should read next :
To Financially Educate yourself :